Nari Shakti Puraskar is given by the govt. of India to deserving as well as institutions that work for the empowerment of women. It is the highest civil award presented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) to women in India. The Indian government aim to boost the cause of women empowerment through Nari Shakti Puraskar.
Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023 award shall be presented at New Delhi by the president of India at a special ceremony held on the occasion of the International Women's day i.e. on 8th May. Nari shakti puraskar winners willget a certificate and an appreciation amount of Rs. 2 lakh.
Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023
- MWCD confers Nari Shakti Puraskar every year to individuals and institutions for their service towards women empowerment, especially vulnerable and marginalised women.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development declares the recipients of Nari Shakti Puraskars every year by 20th February and the awards will be conferred on International Women’s Day i.e., 8th March.
- Maximum 15 awards conferred (for individuals and institutions). The maximum number can be relaxed at the discretion of the selection committee.
- The award in every category will carry a certificate and Rs. 2 Lakh per awardee.
- This award showcases the Government’s commitment to strengthening the position of women in society.
- It provides an opportunity for young Indians to understand the contribution of women in building society and the nation.
Nari Shakti Puraskar 2022 Winners List
|Name||State / UT||Domain|
|Sathupati Prasanna Sree||Andhra Pradesh||Linguist – preserving minority tribal languages|
|Tage Rita Takhe||Arunachal Pradesh||Entrepreneur|
|Madhulika Ramteke||Chhattisgarh||Social Worker|
|Niranjanaben Mukulbhai Kalarthi||Gujarat||Author & Educationist|
|Pooja Sharma||Haryana||Farmer & Entrepreneur|
|Anshul Malhotra||Himachal Pradesh||Weaver|
|Shobha Gasti||Karnataka||Social Activist – Working for ending Devadasi system|
|Radhika Menon||Kerala||Captain Merchant Navy – First woman to receive award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea from IMO|
|Kamal Kumbhar||Maharashtra||Social Entrepreneur|
|Sruti Mohapatra||Odisha||Disability Rights Activist|
|Batool Begam||Rajasthan||Maand & Bhajan Folk Singer|
|Thara Rangaswamy||Tamil Nadu||Psychiatrist & Researcher|
|Neerja Madhav||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi Author – working for rights for transgenders and Tibetan refugees|
|Neena Gupta||West Bengal||Mathematician|
Nari Shakti Puruskar winners list 2021 and 2020
Check Nari Shakti Puruskar Winners List 2021 and 2020 at below link.
Eligibility for Nari Shakti Puruskar
There are following eligibility criteria applying for Nari Shakti Puruskar 2023.
- The awards are open to all individuals and institutions
- For the Individual category, the awardee’s age must be more than 25 years as of 1st July of the award year.
- For institutions, it should have worked in the relevant field for more than 5 years.
- The applicant should not be a recipient of the same award earlier.
- It is awarded to individuals, institutions, groups,NGOs etc for their outstanding work in the areas of economic and social empowerment of women or pertaining to this theme like
- Encourage women to participate in decision-making roles
- Encourage women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors
- Facilitate basic amenities for rural women.
- Promote women in non-traditional sectors like science and technology, sports, art, culture concretely and significantly towards safety and security, health and wellness, education, skill development, life skills, respect and dignity of women.
- The award can also be given to a State or UT for improving the Child Sex Ratio(CSR).
- The award can not be presented posthumously
National Award for Women Guidelines PDF
Download guidelines for National Award for women pdf from below link.
Read : ICC Women’s World Cup Winners List 2022