Lockdown in West Bengal Date List 2022 | New Guidelines for Lockdown in West Bengal PDF | Night Curfew in West Bengal | Covid Guidelines West Bengal
The West Bengal government re-imposed certain Covid restrictions in view of the worrying increase in daily cases, including those of the Omicron Variant. Following in the footsteps of many states like Delhi, Maharashtra, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, a night curfew from 10 PM to 5 AM has been ordered. Only essential and emergency services can operate in this time.
West Bengal reported 4512 New Covid cases on Saturday, taking its active caseload to 13,300, the 3rd highest in the country after Maharashtra and Kerala. It has also reported 20 cases of the more infectious Omicron coronavirus variant the rapid spread of which has triggered alarm bells across the world and in India.Lockdown in West Bengal Date List is given below.
Lockdown in West Bengal Date List 2022
Whereas, in order to contain spread of COVID-19 pandemic, state government vide order No 753/XV-ISS/2M-22/2020 dated 30/11/2021 read with various orders issued earlier, notified certain restriction and relaxation measures in terms of the provisions under Disaster Management Act 2005 read with West Bengal Epidemic Disease, Covid-19 Regulations 2020, which are in force till 15/12/2021.
Whereas, after a review of the current situation of COVID-19 pandemic and the concerns due multiple cases of a new COVID-19 variant “Omicron”, State Executive Committee of West Bengal State Disaster Management Authority recommended to continue with the existing restrictions and protocols.
Accordingly, in terms of the provisions under Disaster Management Act 2005 read with West Bengal Epidemic Disease, Covid-19 Regulations 2020, and in continuation of earlier orders, restriction and relaxation measures as already in force vide aforesaid orders stand extended up to 15/01/2022.
Restrictions relating to movement of people and vehicles between 11 PM to 5 AM shall continue to be in force but shall be relaxed for Christmas and New Year celebrations during 24th December 2021 to 1st January 2022.
Further, all shops, restaurants and bars may remain open as per the normal operational hours and late closing of bars may be allowed as per the extant rules, during 24th December 2021 to 1st January 2022.
Wearing of masks, maintenance of physical distancing and health & hygiene protocol must be followed at all times.
Employers/ management bodies/ owners/ supervisors of all offices, establishments and work places shall be responsible for provisioning of all COVID safety measures including regular sanitisation of work places, vaccination of employees and for compliance of stated directives and COVID appropriate norms.
District administration, police commissionerates and local authorities shall ensure strict compliance of the stated directives. Any violation of the restriction measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Disaster Management Act, 2005 and under Indian Penal Code.
List of Restrictions Imposed by West Bengal Government
- All schools, colleges, universities, spas, salons, beauty parlours, zoos, and entertainment parks to be closed in the state from tomorrow, January 3, said West Bengal Chief Secretary.
- All government and private offices to operate at 50% capacity, all administrative meetings to be conducted via virtual mode, Dwivedi added. Work from home will be encouraged as much as possible.
- Kolkata Metro services will also be capped at 50 per cent capacity and local trains can run only till 7 pm. Long-distance trains, however, will be allowed to run normally.
- Cinema halls, restaurants and bars can function at 50 per cent capacity and up to 10 pm. Shopping malls can stay open from 10 am to 5 pm, but crowds must be at 50 per cent.
- Attendance at gatherings for marriages and other social, religious and cultural occasions will be limited to 50 persons, while those for funerals or burials will be limited to 20.
Govt. Order and Lockdown in West Bengal Date list PDF
Download lockdown in West Bengal date list pdf and government ordered from below link