Paramedical Courses List PDF 2023: Paramedical Courses are job oriented academic programs related to the allied health care sector. Recently there is great demand of skilled para-medical professional as they assist the doctors for better diagnosis and treatment of a patient. The students pursuing paramedical courses are trained to diagnose diseases of a patient, and do regular medical checkups, therapies and provide additional support to doctors. The paramedical professionals mainly includes nurses, therapist, physiotherapist, medical laboratory technologist, pharmacists, optometrist, general nursing and midwifery (GNM), Audiologist, Prosthetist etc. All these paramedical professional help and assist the doctor in effective treatment of patient.
Paramedical courses can be pursued after class 12th or after graduation. The major areas of paramedical sciences are spinal injury management, obstetrics, management of burns, and evaluation of the general accident. The Paramedical courses list be categorized in three parts.
- Nursing Courses: BSc Nursing, GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery), ANM (Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery)
- Therapy Courses: Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Prosthetics & Orthotics, Ophthalmic, Audiology and Speech therapy, Optometry etc.
- Pharmacy Courses: Bachelor in Pharmacy, Diploma in Pharmacy, Optometry, Medical technology in Radiography, Medical Lab technology, Anesthesia technology, Medical Record technology, Dialysis technology, Diabetic education and Podiatry Technology etc.
Paramedical Courses List 2023
Paramedical courses include different types of emergency medicine services that are required in hospital or a hospital like environment (medical health camps, nursing homes etc.). Top paramedical courses can be pursued after 12th mainly or some paramedical courses can be pursued after graduation. There are various UG, PG and PhD courses in paramedical science and students who have biology subject in their 12th class can pursue these paramedical courses. The paramedical courses list with their eligibility criteria and duration of the course is given in the table.
|S.No||Paramedical Course Name||Eligibility||Duration|
|1||B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing||10+2 pass with 50% marks in PCB||4 Years|
|2||General Nursing and Midwifery|
|10+2 class pass with 50% marks||3 Years|
|3||Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery|
|10+2 Pass||2 Years|
|4||Bachelor of Physiotherapy|
|10+2 with PCBE 50% marks||4.5 Years|
|5||Bachelor of Occupational Therapy|
|10+2 with PCBE 50% marks||4.5 Years|
|6||Bachelor of Prosthetics & Orthotics||10+2 with PCBE or PCME 50% marks||4.5 Years|
|7||Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology||10+2 PCBE||2 to 2.5|
|8||Bachelor in Pharmacy|
|10+2 with PCB 60%||4 Years|
|9||Diploma in Pharmacy|
|10+2 with PCB/PCM 60%||2 Years|
|10+2 PCEB/M 50%||4 Years|
|11||B.Sc. (Hons) Medical Technology |
|10+2 PCEB/M 50%||3 Years|
|12||B.Sc. Medical Technology|
(Radiotherapy Technology RT)
|10+2 PCB 55% + English as compulsory subject||3 Years|
|13||Bachelor of Science|
(Medical Lab. Technology
|10+2 PCB 50% +English as compulsory subject||3 Years|
|14||Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology||10 pass 35% with Science, Math and English||3 Years|
|15||Diploma in Radio Diagnostics Technology||10+2 pass with PCBE||2 to 2.5|
|16||Diploma in Anesthesia Technology||10+2 pass with PCBE||2 to 2.5|
|17||Diploma in Medical Record Technology||10+2 pass with PCBE||2 to 2.5|
|18||Diploma in Electrophysiology & Pulmonary Technology||10+2 pass with PCBE||2 to 2.5|
|19||Diploma in Dialysis Technology||10+2 pass with PCBE||2 to 2.5|
|20||Diploma in Diabetic Education & Podiatry Technology||10+2 pass with PCBE||2 to 2.5|
Certificate Paramedical Courses List
The following certificate paramedical courses are usually for a duration of 6 months to 12 months. Paramedical certificate courses list is given below.
- Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Certificate in Physiotherapy.
- Certificate in ECG and CT Scan Technician
- Certificate in Dialysis Technician
- Certificate Technician / Lab Assistant
- Certificate in Home Based Health Care
- Certificate Dental Assistant
- Certificate in Nursing Care Assistant
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education
Diploma Paramedical Courses List
The duration of the Diploma in Paramedical Courses in various institutes differ from each other. The average duration for such paramedical courses is 1-2 years.
- Diploma in Gynaecology & Obstetrics.
- Diploma in Child Health.
- Diploma in Orthopedics.
- Diploma in Optometry.
- Diploma in OT Technician.
- Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology, Leprosy.
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant.
- Diploma in Hear Language and Speech.
- Diploma in Rural Health Care.
- Diploma in X Ray Technology.
- Diploma in Dental Hygienist.
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
List of Undergraduate Paramedical Courses
The Undergraduate paramedical courses are widely available in various medical colleges all over the country and duration of these UG-Paramedical courses is 3 to 5 years.
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
- B.Sc (Audiology and Speech Therapy)
- B.Sc in Cardiac Technology
- Bachelor of Paramedical technology (BPMT)
- B.Sc in Physician Assistant
- B.Sc in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- B.Sc in Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc in Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc in Optometry Technology
- B.Sc in Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc in Neurophysiology's Technology
- B.Sc in Medical Lab Technology
- B.Sc in Nursing Hons.
- B.Sc in Nursing
- B.Sc in Dialysis Therapy
- Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science
List of PG Courses in Paramedical Science
Postgraduate Paramedical courses can be pursued by students who have completed their undergraduate (UG) degree. The duration of PG-Paramedical courses is 2 to 3 years. Postgraduate Paramedical Courses List is given below
- Master of Optometry.
- MSc in Community Health Nursing.
- PG Diploma in Anesthesiology.
- PG Diploma in Medical Radio Diagnosis (D.M.R.D).
- Master of Physiotherapy (Neurology).
- MSc in Psychiatric Nursing.
- MSc in Nursing.
- MSc in Surgical Nursing.
- Master in Physiotherapy (MPT).
- MSc in Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing.
- Master in Physiotherapy - Sports Physiotherapy.
- MSc in Mental Health Nursing.
- MSc in Pediatric Nursing.
- MSc in Child Health Nursing.
List of Paramedical Courses available at AIIMS of India
Paramedical courses List available at All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is listed below in table.
|S.No||Name of Paramedical Course||Duration of Course|
|1||Bachelor Of Science in Optometry||3 Years|
|2||B.Sc in Medical Technology in Radiography (MTR)||3 Years|
|3||B.Sc in Dental Operating Room Assistant (DORA)||3 Years|
|4||B.Sc in Dental Hygiene||3 Years|
|5||B.Sc in Operation Theatre Technology (OTT)||3 Years|
|6||B.Sc in Operation Theatre & Anesthesiology Technology (OTAT)||3 Years|
|7||B.Sc in Anesthesia Technology||3 Years|
|8||M.Sc in Perfusion Technology||2 Years|
|9||M.Sc in Nuclear Medicine Technology||2 Years|
List of Paramedical Courses in IGNOU University
Paramedical Courses List available at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is given below.
|S.No.||Name of Paramedical Courses||Duration of Course|
|1||B.Sc in Medical laboratory Technology (MLT)||4 Years|
|2||B.Sc in Medical Record Science & Health Information Technology||4 Years|
|3||B.Sc in Radiation Therapy Technology||4 Years|
|4||B.Sc in Optometry||4 Years|
|5||B.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology||4 Years|
|6||B.Sc in Anesthesia Technology||4 Years|
|7||M.Sc in Clinical Trials||2 Years|
Paramedical Courses List 2023 PDF
Download paramedical degree, diploma courses list PDF with eligibility, course duration and of mode of entry