rsby.gov.in- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana List: Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India introduced Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) in 2008, to ensure the best healthcare services and social security to families living below the poverty line (BPL). The idea behind RSBY is to reduce the out of the pocket medical expenditure of these BPL families. It will further help to increase their awarness and also increase their access to health care.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana is a government sponsored health insurance scheme for families of below poverty line. Under RSBY scheme, beneficiaries are required to pay Rs.30 registration fee to get benefits of scheme.
rsby.gov.in - Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana 2022
Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India has launched a health insurance scheme for BPL families which is called Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY). The objective of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana is to provide protection to BPL households from financial liabilities arising out of the health shocks that involve hospitalization.
rsby.gov.in - Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Eligibility List
There are following eligibility criteria for RSBY (rsby.gov.in) Scheme.
- Applicant must be a resident of India.
- Unorganized sector workers belonging to BPL category and their family members shall be the beneficiaries under the scheme.
- It will be the responsibility of the implementing agencies to verify the eligibility of the unorganized sector workers and his family members who are proposed to be benefited under the scheme.
- The beneficiaries will be issued smart cards for the purpose of identification.
RSBY Scheme Benefits List
The beneficiary shall be eligible for such in patient health care insurance benefits as would be designed by the respective state government based on the required of the people / geographical area. The state governments are advised to incorporate at least the following minimum benefits.
- The unorganised sector worker and his family will be covered.
- Total sum insured would be Rs. 30,000 per family per annum on a family floater basis.
- Cashless attendance to all covered ailments.
- Hospitalization expenses, taking care of most common illnesses with as few exclusions as possible.
- All pre-existing diseases to be covered.
- Transportation costs with in an overall limit of Rs. 1000.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Smart Card
Smart Card is used for a variety of activities like identification of the beneficiary through photograph and fingerprints, information regarding the patient. The most important function of the smart card is that it enables cashless transactions at the empanelled hospital and portability of benefits across the country. The authenticated smart card shall be handed over to the beneficiary at the enrolment station itself. The photograph of the head of the family on the smart card can be used for identification purpose in case biometric information fails.
For more information visit http://www.rsby.gov.in/