Supreme Court Judge List 2022 :- Currently Supreme Court has total 32 Judges including Chief Justice of India. The maximum possible strength of judges in Supreme Court is 34. On 31 August 2021, nine Judges including three women, took oath at once in the Presidency of Ram Nath Kovind. On 24 April 2021 Justice N.V Ramana took oath as 48th Chief Justice of India.
Under Article 124 of Indian Constitution, Chief Justice and Judges of Supreme Court are appointed by the President of India. H. J. Kania was appointed as first Chief Justice of India in presidency of Dr. Rajendra Prasad. Kamal Narain Singh was the shortest-serving Chief Justice Of India only for 17 days from 21st November 1991 to 12th December 1991. Check complete Supreme court judges List in table below.
Supreme Court Judge List 2022
Supreme Court Judge List include Chief Justice of India Mr. Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana and 31 other Judges. Out of 32 Judges 28 are male and 4 are female. All Supreme Court Judge List with their term of office, date of appointment and date of retirement is given below in table.
|S.No||Name Of Supreme Court Judge||Term of Office|
|1||Mr. N.V Ramana (Chief Justice of India)||17-02-2014 to 26-08-2022|
|2||Mr. Justice Uday Umesh Lalit||13-08-2014 to 08-11-2022|
|3||Mr. Justice A.M. Khanwilkar||13-05-2016 to 29-07-2022|
|4||Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud||13-05-2016 to 10-11-2024|
|5||Mr. Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul||17-02-2017 to 25-12-2023|
|6||Mr. Justice S. Abdul Nazeer||17-02-2017 to 04-01-2023|
|7||Ms. Justice Indira Banerjee||17-08-2018 to 23-09-2022|
|8||Mr. Justice K.M. Joseph||07-08-2018 to 16-06-2023|
|9||Mr. Justice Hemant Gupta||02-11-2018 to 16-10-2022|
|10||Mr. Justice Mukeshkumar Rasikbhai Shah||02-11-2018 to 15-05-2023|
|11||Mr. Justice Ajay Rastogi||02-11-2018 to 17-06-2023|
|12||Mr. Justice Dinesh Maheshwari||18-01-2019 to 14-05-2023|
|13||Mr. Justice Sanjiv Khanna||18-01-2019 to 13-05-2025|
|14||Mr. Justice Bhushan Ramkrishna Gavai||24-05-2019 to 23-11-2025|
|15||Mr. Justice Surya Kant||24-05-2019 to 09-02-2027|
|16||Justice Aniruddha Bose||24-05-2019 to 10-04-2024|
|17||Mr. Justice Ajjikuttira Somaiah Bopanna||24-05-2019 to 19-05-2024|
|18||Mr. Justice Krishna Murari||23-09-2019 to 08-07-2023|
|19||Mr. Justice S. Ravindra Bhat||23-09-2019 to 20-10-2023|
|20||Mr.Justice v. Ramasubramanian||23-09-2019 to 29-06-2023|
|21||Mr. justice Hrishikesh Roy||23-09-2019 to 31-01-2025|
|22||Mr. Justice Abhay.S. Oka||31-08-2021 to 24-05-2025|
|23||Mr. Justice Vikram Nath||31-08-2021 to 23-09-2027|
|24||Mr. Justice J.K. Maheshwari||31-08-2021 to 28-06-2026|
|25||Ms. Justice Hima kohli||31-08-2021 to 01-09-2024|
|26||Ms. Justice B.V Nagarthana||31-08-2021 to 29-10-2027|
|27||Mr. Justice C.T Ravi kumaR||31-08-2021 to 05-01-2025|
|28||Mr. Justice M.M. Sundresh||31-08-2021 to 20-07-2027|
|29||Ms. Justice Bela M. Trivedi||31-08-2021 to 09-06-2025|
|30||Mr. Justice Pamidighantam Sri Narasimha||31-08-2021 to 02-05-2028|
|31||Mr. Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia||09-05-2022 to 09-08-2025|
|32||MR. JUSTICE J.B. PARDIWALA||09-05-2022 to 11-08-2030|
For more details and profile of each Supreme Court Judge of India click here Supreme Court Judge List
Supreme Court Judge Article 124
- There shall be a Supreme Court of India constituting of a Chief Justice of India and other Supreme Court Judge.
- Every Supreme Court Judge shall be appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal, Supreme Court Judge shall hold office until he attains the age of 65 years: Provided that
- a Judge may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the President
- a Judge may be removed from his office in the manner provided in clause (4).
- A person shall qualified for appointment as a Judge of the Supreme Court if he is a citizen of India and has been for at least five years a Judge of a High Court or of two or more such Courts in succession; or has been for at least ten years an advocate of a High Court or of two or more such Courts in succession; or is a distinguished jurist in the opinion of the President.
- Supreme Court Judge shall be removed from his office by an order of the President passed after an address by each House of Parliament supported by a majority of the total membership of that House and by a majority of not less than two thirds of the members of that House present and voting has been presented to the President in the same session for such removal on the ground of proved misbehavior or incapacity.
- Parliament may by law regulate the procedure and the investigation, proof of the misbehavior or incapacity of a Judge under clause (4).
- Every person appointed to be a Supreme Court Judge shall, before he enters upon his office, take an oath or affirmation according to the Third Schedule.
- No person who has held office as Supreme Court Judge shall plead or act in any court or before any authority within the territory of India.