BJP Government in India List: The BJP's origin lies in the Bharatiya Jana Sangh which is formed in 1951 by Shyama Prasad Mukherjee. After the state of emergency in 1977, the Jana Sangh merged with several other parties to form the Janata Party. It defeated the incumbent congress party in the 1977 general election. After three years in power, the Janata party dissolved in 1980 with the members of the erstwhile Jana Sangh reconvening to form BJP party. Although initial unsuccess, It won only two seats in the 1984 general election. It grew in strength on the back of the Ram Janmabhoomi movement.
Following victories in several state elections and better performances in national elections, Bhartiya Janata Part (BJP) became the largest party in the parliament in 1996. However it lacked a majority in the lower house of parliament and its government under leadership of Atal Bihari Vajpayee lasted only 13 days. Now BJP is ruling in 10 states of India independently with full majority and ruling in 4 Indian states and one union territory with support of its alliance parties. Recently BJP has lost Karnataka election which were held on 10 May 2023. Check full list of BJP ruling states in India 2023
BJP Government in India 2023
- Bharatiya Jana Sangh was formed by Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee on 21 October 1951, in Raghomal Girls High School, Delhi. BJP (Bharatiya Janta Party) was formed on 06 April 1980. Atal Bihari Vajpayee was its first president and Lal Krishna Advani was co-president of BJP. Current president of BJP is Jagat Prakash Nadda (since 20 January 2020).
- Ideology of BJP Government in India is Hindutva, Integral humanism, Conservatism, Neoliberalism, Right-wing populism.
- BJP is having 301/543 seats in Lok Sabha, 101/245 seats in Rajya Sabha, 1376/4036 seats in State Legislative Assemblies and115/426 seats in State Legislative Councils.
- BJP and its alliance coalition parties are ruling in total 14 states and one union territory.
- BJP is ruling in 10 states of Indian namely Uttarakhand, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Gujarat, Goa and Arunachal Pradesh.
- BJP is ruling in 4 states coalition/alliance with other parties namely Maharashtra, Sikkim, Nagaland, Meghalaya and one union territory Puducherry (UT).
- BJP is opposition party in 8 Indian states namely Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal.
- BJP is opposition party in Union Territory of Delhi (UT).
|Name of Party||Bhartiya Janata Party|
|Formed by||Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee|
|Current president of BJP||Jagat Prakash Nadda|
|Current Ruling Parties in India||BJP - 10|
BJP alliance -5
Congress - 4
Congress Alliance -3
Other Parties - 8
President Rule - 1
List of BJP Ruling States in India 2023
BJP Government in India is ruling in 10 states out of 28 states of India including Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana. BJP alliance is ruling in four Indian states and one union territory. BJP and its alliance is ruling in total 14 Indian states and one union territory of India. BJP is opposition party in 8 states and one union territory of India. BJP government in India states wise complete list is given below in the table. List of chief ministers of BJP ruling states in India 2023 and opposition parties.
|S.NO||State Name||Chief Minister||From||Ruling Party||Opposition Party|
|1||Arunachal Pradesh||Pema Khandu||26 May 2019||BJP+NPP||—|
|2||Assam||Himanta Biswa Sarma||10 May 2021||BJP+AGP+UPPL+BPF||INC|
|3||Goa||Pramod Sawant||19 Mar 2019||BJP+MGP||INC+GFP|
|4||Gujarat||Bhupenderabhai Patel||13 Sept 2021||BJP||—|
|5||Haryana||Manhor Lal Khattar||26 Oct 2019||BJP+JJP||INC|
|6||Madhya Pradesh||Shivraj Singh Chauhan||23 Mar 2020||BJP||INC|
|7||Maharashtra||Eknath Shinde||03 July 2022||Balasahebanchi Shiv Sena +BJP+PJP+NPF+KPA||NCP+INC|
|8||Manipur||N. Biren Singh||15 Mar 2017||BJP+NPP+NPF+KPA||—|
|9||Meghalaya||Conrad Kongkal Sangma||6 Mar 2018||National People's Party (NPP)+BJP||AITC|
|10||Nagaland||Neiphiu Rio||8 Mar 2018||NDPP+NPF+BJP||—|
|11||Puducherry (UT)||N. Rangaswamy||7 May 2021||All India N.R. Congress + BJP||INC+DMK|
|12||Sikkim||Prem Singh Tamang||27 May 2019||Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM)+BJP||—|
|13||Tripura||Dr. Manik Saha||15 May 2022||BJP+IPFT||CPI(M)|
|14||Uttar Pradesh||Yogi Aditayanath||19 Mar 2017||BJP+ADS+NISHAD||SP+RLD|
|15||Uttarakhand||Pushkar Singh Dhami||04 July 2021||BJP||INC|
Non BJP States List 2023
- Indian National Congress INC is ruling in four states namely Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Indian National Congress (INC) and its coalition/alliance is ruling in three states namely Bihar, Jharkhand and Tamil Nadu.
- Aam Aadmi Party AAP is ruling in two states/UT namely Punjab and union territory of Delhi.
- Other parties ruling in 6 Indian states namely West Bengal (AITC), Odisha (Biju Janata Dal), Kerala (Left Democratic Front), Telangana (Bharat Rashtra Samithi), Andhra Pradesh (YSR Congress Party) and Mizoram (Mizo National Front).
- President's rule in union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- BJP is opposition party in 8 states and one union territory including Chhattisgarh, Delhi (UT), Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal.
Non BJP States Name List 2023
Non BJP government states in India name list is given below. List of chief minister of non BJP government in India and opposition party.
|S.No||State Name||Chief Minister||From||Ruling Party||Opposition Party|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||Y.S Jagamohan Reddy||30 May 2019||YSR Congress Party (YSRCP)||Telugu Desam Party (TDP)|
|2||Bihar||Nitish Kumar||22 Feb 2015||JDU+RJD+INC+CPI|
|3||Chhattisgarh||Bupesh Baghel||17 Dec 2018||INC||BJP|
|4||Delhi (UT)||Arvind Kejriwal||16 Feb 2020||AAP||BJP|
|5||Himachal Pradesh||Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu||11 Dec 2022||INC||BJP|
|6||Jammu and Kashmir (UT)||President's Rule||31 Oct 2019||N/A||—|
|7||Jharkhand||Hemant Soren||29 Dec 2019||Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) +INC + RJD +NCP +CPI||BJP|
|8||Karnataka||-||13 May 2023||Indian National Congress||BJP|
|9||Kerala||Pinarayi Vijayan||25 May 2016||Left Democratic Front (LDF)||UDF|
|10||Mizoram||Zoramthanga||15 Dec 2018||Mizo National Front (MNF)||—|
|11||Odisha||Naveen Patnaik||29 May 2019||Biju Janata Dal||BJP|
|12||Punjab||Bhagwant Mann||16 Mar 2022||AAP||INC|
|13||Rajasthan||Ashok Gehlot||17 Dec 2018||INC||BJP|
|14||Telangana||K. Chandrashekhar Rao||13 Dec 2018||Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS)||AIMIM|
|15||Tamil Nadu||M. k Stalin||07 May 2021||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) +INC||AIADMK+BJP+PMK|
|16||West Bengal||Mamata Banerjee||05 May 2021||All India Trinamool Congress + BGPM||BJP|