Gujarat Government Education Loan Schemes 2023 List: Gujarat Unreserved Educational & Economical Development Corporation (GUEEDC) will implement 8 schemes with an outlay of Rs. 600 crore. The 7 schemes are only for those people whose annual income is less than Rs.3 lakh per annul. Around 1.5 crore in the total 6.5 crore population of Gujarat state are not eligible for any type of reservation and thus are deprived of employment and education related benefits.
The state government of Gujarat has released 8 education loan schemes for students of Gujarat state. The candidates from general category can take loan of upto Rs. 10 lakh at 4% interest for admission in self financed engineering, medical, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and other courses in colleges from GUEEDC. Complete list of Gujarat Government Education Loan Schemes is given below.
List of Gujarat Government Education Loan Schemes 2023 for General / Unreserved Category
The below list of Gujarat Government education loan schemes for unreserved category.
- Education Loan Scheme : Any person form general category can take loan of up to Rs. 10 lakh at 4% interest from GUEEDC for admission in self financed Medical College, Engineering College, Pharmacy College, Nursing College, Architecture College and other technical courses college. For this education loan, the annual income of the applicant family should not be exceed Rs. 3 lakh annual and applicant secured in 11th and 12th class must be more than 60%.
- Foreign Studies Loan Scheme : GUEEDC provides education loan up to Rs. 15 lakh at 4% interest rate to studies in foreign counties. For this loan scheme, applicant family annual income must be less than Rs. 4.5 lakh and candidate must have secured minimum 60% marks in 12th class.
- Tuition Assistance Scheme : The students of 12th class who have secured more than 70% marks in 1oth class and now studying in 11th and 12th class in science stream will get Rs.15000 as tuition fees from the corporation.
- Food Bill Scheme : All the unreserved category students who are studying in private hostels will get monthly assistance of Rs. 1200 per month and for this scheme, the family income of the applicant should be less than Rs. 3 lakh annually.
- Coaching Assistance for 12th Class : GUEEDC will provide finical assistance of Rs. 20,000 per year to students of science stream for preparation of entrance examination like NEET and JEE.
- Coaching Assistance for Graduate Students : The students of general category who have completed their graduation degree and preparing for government competitive examination like UPSC and other exams can get assistance of Rs. 20,000 as a coaching fees.
- Loans for Doctors and Advocates : All the doctors and advocates of general category can also avail loans up to Rs. 10 lakh to start their own clinics and offices.
- Self Employment Loan Scheme : The sate government of Gujarat is focusing on creation of self-employment opportunities. Anyone who wants to start their own business such as grocery trade or transportation can get loans upto Rs. 10 lakh at 5% interest rate.
How to Apply for Gujarat Government Education Loan Schemes
There are following steps to apply online for Gujarat government education loan schemes
Step 1 : Visit the official website of Gujarat Unreserved Educational & Economical Development Corporation https://gueedc.gujarat.gov.in.
Step 2 : At home page of the website, go to "Schemes" category and click on scheme for which you are applying.
Step 3 : Click on "Apply Now" button and login with Username and password, new user click on "New User (Register)" option, enter Email ID, Mobile No., Password, Re-enter Password, Captcha and click on "Submit" option.
Step 4 : Fill all the details in form and upload photo, signature and documents in PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG format
Step 5 : Click on Upload Document option and submit it to fill Gujarat government education loan schemes application form.
Education Loan Interest Subsidy Scheme Gujarat
Gujarat government provide interest subsidy on education loan to economically weak students for the period of moratorium. The students who have passed 12th class with 60% or more marks and whose family income under 6 lakh can apply for this education loan subsidy scheme. Interest Subsidy Scheme on Education Loan booklet can be downloaded from below link.
Eligibility for Gujarat Education Loan Subsidy Scheme
Candidates have to fulfill following eligibility criteria to apply for Interest Subsidy Scheme on Education Loan.
- The students who have passed 12th standard with 60 or more percentile.
- Applicant's family annual income must be less than 6 lakhs.
- Applicant should be a resident of Gujarat state.
- Students should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination Board of Gujarat or Central Board (CBSE).
- Students who have taken education loan from the scheduled bank on 04/07/2017 or onwards to study in the country or abroad will be eligible for the benefits of this scheme.
Helpline number of Gujarat Unreserved Education & Economical Development Corporation.
Phone No. 079-23258688, 079-23258684
Also Read : Government Education Schemes Gujarat.