Madhu Babu Pension Yojana is direct benefit transfer scheme initiated under the Department of Social Security and Empowerment of persons with Disabilities for the disabled, old age persons in Odisha state. Madhu Babu Pension Yojana was launched by Chief Minister of Odisha on 1st January 2008 by merging "Revised Old Age Pension Rules, 1989" and "Disability Pension Rules, 1985" pension schemes.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana (MBPY) is a pension scheme launched by the state government of Odisha with an objective of providing financial assistance to destitute elder and destitute differently abled persons of Odisha state. The citizens above 60 years of age have to apply in the prescribed from to the concerned BDOs / EOs to get benefited under Madhu Babu Pension Yojana.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Overview
|Scheme Name||Madhu Babu Pension Yojana|
(ମଧୁ ବାବୁ ପେନ୍ସନ୍ ଯୋଜନା)
|Launched by||Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik|
|Name of Department||Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Beneficiaries||People of the state|
|Major Benefit||Provide Pension Benefits|
|Scheme Objective||To improve the social securities of the old and destitute.|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Name of State||Odisha|
|Post Category||Scheme/ Yojana/ Yojna|
|Launched Date||January 2008|
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Beneficiary List
Complete process to check MBPY Beneficiary status and application status is given below.
Step 1 : Visit Social Security & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Department official website https://ssepd.gov.in.
Step 2 : At the home page, click at the "Scheme / Services" Link under "Beneficiary Services" section or visit https://ssepd.gov.in:8443/swp/applyBeneficiaryApplication.htm.
Step 3 : Choose Scheme and click on "Proceed" button for MBPY Application. If you applied for scheme then go for next step.
Step 4 : Select scheme and click on "Track" button.
Step 5 : Enter your "Application Number" and click on "Search" button to check the status of beneficiary.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Beneficiaries who can apply
The major beneficiaries of Madhu Bahu Pension Scheme are:-
- Old and aged persons of 60 years of age and above.
- Widows irrespective of age.
- Women fighting divorce cases in courts
- Persons affected by Hansen’s diseases/ Leprosy with visible signs of deformity irrespective of age.
- Unmarried women over thirty years of age.
- Persons with Disabilities.
- AIDS patients.
Eligibility Criteria for MBPY Scheme Odisha
Under MBPY pension scheme, the following persons shall be eligible for pension.
- If the person is of 60 years of age and above (OAP)
- If the person is a widow (irrespective of age) (WP)
- If the person is a leprosy patient with visible signs of deformity (irrespective of age) (PLP)
- If the person is a person of 5 years of age or above and unable to do normal work due to his/her deformity or disability being blind or orthopedically handicapped or hearing and speech impaired or mentally retarded or with Cerebral Palsy or with Autism or with mental illness or with multiple disabilities (DP)
- or if the person is a widow of AIDS patient (irrespective of age and income criteria mentioned under Rule 6 (b) (WP-AIDS) of MBPY Rules, 2008.
- or if an AIDS patient identified by the State/District AIDS Control Society or district AIDS prevention control Unit (DAPCU) (irrespective of income as under Rule 6 (b). (PP-AIDS)
- Or is an unmarried woman above 30 years belonging to a BPL Family or has individual income from all sources not exceeding Rs.24,000/- (Rupees twenty-four thousand) only per annum irrespective of the family income
Financial Assistance under Odisha Madhu Babu Pension Scheme
A person who is the beneficiary of Madhu Babu Pension Yojana will get the following benefits:-
- ₹500 per month to all beneficiaries b/w 60 to 79 years of age.
- ₹700 per month to all beneficiaries of 80 years or above age.
Helpline Number for Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
- Helpline Number - 18003457150
- Email id - [email protected]
- Website - ssepd.gov.in
Also Read :
nsap.nic.in 2022 New List | Pension Payment Details of Beneficiary