Maharatna Company List 2022: PSU Companies are Public Sector Undertakings in India which are owned by government. All PSU are awarded additional financial autonomy and categorized in four categories Maharatna, Navaratna, Miniratna Category-I, Miniratna Category-II. As on October 2022, There are 12 Maharatna companies, 12 Navratna, 74 Miniratna companies including Miniratna Category-I (62 companies) and Category-II (12 companies) in India.
Maharatna is the highest status a company can achieve, to be eligible as Maharatna company, a company must have average annual net profit of over ₹2,500 crores for three years or average annual net worth of ₹10,000 crores for three years or average annual turnover of ₹20,000 crore for 3 years. Recently Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC) become the 12th company to get status of Maharatna Company.
Maharatna Company List 2022
After the inclusion of Power Finance Corporation Limited (PFCL) and Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC) in Maharatna companies, now there are 12 Maharatna Companies in India. Maharatna Company List 2022 is given below.
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID)
- Power Finance Corporation Limited (PFCL)
- Rural Electrification Corporation Limited (REC)
Maharatna is the second highest status which a company can achieve, to be a Navratna company, a company must be Miniratna Company first and have scored at least 60/100 score based upon six criteria, net profit, net worth, total labour cost, total production cost, services cost, profit before deduction of income tax (PBDIT), and capital employed. List of all 12 Navratna Companies is given below.
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- Container Corporation of India Limited
- Engineers India Limited (EIL)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
- National Aluminum Company (NALCO)
- National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC)
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC)
- NLC India Limited (NLCIL)
- Oil India Limited (OIL)
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
- Shipping Corporation of India (SCI)
Maharatna Company List 2022 PDF
Download Pdf of Maharatna Company List 2022 and Navratna Company List and list of Miniratna companies category-I and category-II from the link given below.