PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana is a government scheme meant for old age protection and social security of Unorganized Workers (UW). The central government is inviting online applications for Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana (PMSYM) at maandhan.in for informal workers. Under PMSYM scheme, the govt. will provide ₹3000 per month as pension to all the unorganized sector workers.
Unorganized Workers (UW) are mostly engaged as home based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washer men, rickshaw pullers, landless laborers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio- visual workers or workers in similar other occupations. There are approximately 42 crore unorganized workers in the India who will be benefited by this scheme.
PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana 2022
The direct benefit pension scheme for unorganized sector labourers, PM Shram Yogi Maandhan (PMSYM) Scheme is launched on 15 February 2019. The labourers will have to make certain contribution to get the amount of pension under PMSYM. People with less than Rs. 15,000 monthly income can contribute fixed monthly amount (as in pension chart) till the age of 60 years while an equal amount would be put by the central government.
The Union government has allocated Rs. 500 crore for this social security scheme and has started inviting PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana online application form. This mega pension scheme would cover around 42 crore workers (majdoor) including rickshaw pullers, rag pickers and other small scale workers.
PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana Overview
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana|
|Launched By||Finance Minister Mr. Piyush Goyal|
|Launched date||1st February 2019|
|Start date of scheme||15th February 2019|
|Beneficiary||Unrecognized sector Workers|
|No of beneficiary||10 Crore approximate|
|Contribution||Rs 55 per month to Rs 200 Per month|
|Pension amount||Rs 3000 Per month|
|Category||Central government scheme|
How to Apply for PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana 2022
Complete process to apply for PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana is given below.
- Step 1 : Interested eligible person shall visit nearest CSC centre.
- Step 2 : Following are the prerequisites for the enrollment process:
- Aadhaar Card
- Savings/Jan Dhan Bank Account details along with IFSC Code ( Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account )
- Step 3: Initial contribution amount in cash will be made to the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
- Step 4 : The VLE will key-in the Aadhaar number, Name of beneficiary and Date of birth as printed on aadhaar card for authentication.
- Step 5 : The VLE will complete the online registration by filling up the details like Bank Account details, Mobile Number, Email Address, Spouse (if any) and Nominee details will be captured.
- Step 6 : Self-certification for eligibility conditions will be done.
- Step 7 : System will auto calculate monthly contribution payable according to age of the Beneficiary.
- Step 8 : Beneficiary will pay the 1st subscription amount in cash to the VLE.
- Step 9 : Enrollment cum Auto Debit mandate form will be printed and will be further signed by the beneficiary. VLE will scan the same and upload it into the system.
- Step 10 : A unique Shram Yogi Pension Account Number (SPAN) will be generated and Shram Yogi Card will be printed.
PMSYM नामांकन प्रक्रिया
Eligibility For PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana
All the candidates who wants to make registration or wants to apply for the PMSYM scheme must check the eligibility first. The candidates must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria to become eligible for PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana (PM-SYM).
A) All the beneficiaries must belong to 18 to 40 years of age.
B) The income of the candidate must be less than Rs. 15,000 per month and must be working in unorganized sector.
C) He / She must not be an income tax payer.
D) Applicants must not be engaged in organized sector with membership of Employees Provident Fund (EPF) / National Pension Scheme (NPS) / Employees State Insurance Corp (ESIC).
E) Applicant must have a savings bank account.
F) He / She should possess Aadhar number.
Features of PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana
The important features of PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana are
- Now each of the unorganized sector workers will get minimum assured pension amount of Rs. 3000 per month.
- For availing PMSYMY benefits, the salary of the person must not exceed Rs. 15000 per month.
- To avail benefits under PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana 2020, each of the worker must make a contribution of Rs. 55 to Rs. 200 per month depending on their age.
- All the applicants would get this amount after they attain the age of retirement i.e 60 years.
- Family Pension: During the receipt of pension, if the subscriber dies, then the spouse of beneficiary shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension received by the beneficiary as family pension. Family pension is applicable only to spouse.
|Entry Age||Superannuation Age||Member’s monthly contribution (Rs)||Central Govt’s monthly contribution (Rs)||Total monthly contribution (Rs)|
Who are Beneficiaries of PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana
The unorganized worker’s salary must not be more than Rs. 15,000 per month and he / she can beloong to any occupation as described below:-
|Home based workers||Street vendors||Mid-day meal workers|
|Head loaders||Brick kiln workers||Cobblers|
|Rag pickers||Domestic workers||Washer men|
|Rickshaw pullers||Landless labourers||Own account workers|
|Agricultural workers||Construction workers||Beedi workers|
|Handloom workers||Leather workers||Audio-visual workers|
The central govt. has made a budgetary provision of Rs. 500 crore for the successful implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana 2020. The official notification for PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana Scheme has also been released which can be checked at https://labour.gov.in/sites/default/files/197105.pdf
Joint Secretary and Director General (Labour Welfare) Ministry of Labour and Employment Government of India