Tatkal Waiting List Cancellation Charges: Tatkal ticket booking is meant for passengers who have to undertake a train journey on short notice. It is mainly meant for passengers who have immediate plans for travel. Tatkal ticketing window opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. However, passengers do come across various booking status like waitlist, RAC, or not getting desired berths while opting to book Tatkal tickets. In certain emergency situations, Passengers who have booked Tatkal tickets may have to cancel their travel tickets.
The Railways permit refund on cancellation of unused and partially used tickets after deduction of cancellation charges. You can claim refund on such tickets. However, you must remember that your ticket should be surrendered within a prescribed time frame vis a vis the scheduled / actual departure time of the train. Depending on this time frame a specified amount or a percentage of fare will be deducted as cancellation charge. Tatkal Waiting List Cancellation Charges is given below.
Tatkal Waiting list cancellation Charges and Refund Rules
If the PNR status of the booked Tatkal tickets remains in waitlisted/RAC status, then you can cancel them about half an hour before the scheduled departure of the train. In case, if the waitlisted Tatkal tickets did not get confirmed, then they would be automatically cancelled and the passengers would be refunded.
In the case of RAC or the waitlisted tickets, the refund will be given after the deduction of the clerkage charges. Tatkal waiting list cancellation charges and refund rule is given below.
The below list of Refund Rules.
|Nature of Ticket||Time Limit for Cancellation of Ticket||Cancellation Charge per passenger|
|Tickets unused and unreserved||Within 3 hours of the issue of the ticket|| Rs: 30/-|
|Unreserved tickets issued in advance||Upto 24 hours of the day preceding day of journey||Rs: 30/-|
|Unused WL/RAC tickets||Upto 30 minutes before the schedule departure of the train||Rs: 60/-|
|Unused confirmed tickets||More than 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train||Rs: 240/- For 1A and EC Class|
Rs: 200/- For 2A and FC Class
Rs: 180/-For 3A and CC Class
Rs: 120/-For SL Class
Rs: 60/-For 2S Class
|Between 48 hours and upto 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train||25% of the fare paid|
|Within 12 hrs and upto 4hrs before the schedule departure of the train||50% of the Fare Paid|
|Partially used reserved tickets||Upto 3 days after arrival of the train where you terminated the journey.||Fare for the travelled portion shall be retained and the balance amount of the ticket shall be refundable as the fare for the untravelled portion of Journey|
|Confirmed / RAC ticket of Suvidha Special Train||6 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train||50% refund of fare subject of minimum flat cancellation charges|
Rs 240/- for 1A & EC Class
Rs 200/- for 2A&FC Class
Rs 180/- for 3A& CC Class
Rs 120/- for SL Class
Rs 60/- for 2S Class
Railways Tickets Refund Rules PDF
Download Indian Railways tickets refunds rules pdf from below link
Tatkal Waiting List Confirmation Chances
Types of Waiting List
IRCTC main types of waiting List is given below.
- WL: This is the most common waiting list. It is for tickets booked on the waiting list.
- LDWL: This is the waiting list ticket for tickets in the ladies' seats.
- CKWL: This is the waiting list for Tatkal, or short-notice travel, tickets. Tickets on this list will advance to confirmed only if someone who also with a booked Tatkal ticket cancels, so the chance of getting your ticket confirmed is small if your waiting list position is greater than 10.
- PQWL: This is the waiting list ticket against the pooled quota. The chance of getting this ticket confirmed is very small.
Cancellation of e-Tickets and Refunds Rules
Railway train E-ticket can not be cancelled after chart preparation. Candidate can fill online TDR within 2 hours of actual departure of the train for confirmed tickets and with in 3 hours of actual departure of the train for RAC / waiting listed tickets.
- e-ticket may be booked and cancelled through internet and the refund of fare shall be credited to the customer’s account after deducting the charges applicable.
- In case of a confirmed e-ticket, refund of fare shall be granted in accordance with rules for unused tickets on which reservation has been made. In case of RAC e-ticket, refund of fare shall be granted in accordance with rule for unused waitlisted and RAC ticket.
- In case of the waitlisted e-ticket on which status of all the passengers is on waiting list even after preparation of reservation charts, names of all such passengers booked on that Passenger Name Record (PNR) shall be dropped from the reservation chart and refund of fare shall be credited to the customer’s account after deducting the clerk age.
- In case on a party e-ticket or a family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one person, some persons have confirmed reservation and others are on the list of RAC and waiting list, then in case of passengers on RAC or waitlisted not travelling, a certificate has to be obtained from the ticket checking staff to that effect and refund of fare shall be processed on line through TDR, indicating the details of the certificate issued by ticket checking staff.
- The on line TDR shall be filed upto 72 hours of actual arrival of the train at passenger’s destination and the original certificate issued by the ticket checking staff is to be sent through post to Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).The fare shall be refunded by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to the customer’s account after due verification.
- In case of e-tickets (confirmed or RAC), if the reservation charts have been prepared, online TDR is required to be filed for obtaining-refund. No refund of fare shall be admissible on e-ticket having confirmed reservation in case the request for refund is filed on line after two hours of the actual departure of the train.
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on RAC e-tickets in case the request for refund is filed online after three hours of the actual-departure of the train.
- In case of e-tickets (confirmed or RAC), if the reservation charts have been prepared, online TDR is required to be filed for obtaining refund.
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on e-ticket having confirmed reservation in case the request for refund is filed on line after two hours of the actual departure of the train.
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on RAC e-tickets in case the request for refund is filed online after three hours of the actual departure of the train
Chances of Getting a Confirmation of Ticket
There are following steps to check ticket confirmation.
- Step 1 : Visit Indian Railways Enquiry Official website https://www.indianrail.gov.in/enquiry/ or https://indiarailinfo.com.
- Step 2 : At home page, click on PNR Enquiry.
- Step 3 : Enter PNR No. (Passenger Reservation Number) and click on "Submit" button.
- STEP 4 : You will see the details of your booking.