UGC Fake University List | Latest Fake University in India | 24 University Fake in India | PDF List of Fake Universities by UGC | List of Universities Blacklisted in India | UGC Fake University List 2021 Rajasthan
University Grants Commission (UGC) has released the latest list of 24 fake university list in India. Most of the fake or unrecognized universities in the recently released UGC Fake University List are from Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
You can download the complete PDF list of fake universities from the official UGC website at ugc.ac.in.
UGC Fake University List 2021
Latest List Released on 07 October 2020
As per the UGC, presently following 24 self styled, unrecognized institute are functioning in contravention of the UGC Act, which have been declared as fake university and these are not empowered to confer any degree. UGC Fake University list is given below:
- Commercial University Ltd. Daryaganj, Delhi.
- United Nation University, Delhi .
- Vocation University, Delhi.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House 8J, Gopala Tower, 25, Rajendra Place, New Delhi-110008.
- Indian Institution of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-employment, India, Rozgar Sewasan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK Depot, New Delhi – 110033.
- Adhyatmik Vishwaviyalaya (Spiritual University), 351-352, Phase-1, Block-A, Vijay Vihar, Rithala, Rohini, Delhi – 110085.
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum (Karnataka).
- St. Johns University, Kishanattam Kerala.
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur (Maharashtra).
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, 80, Chowringhee Road, Kolkata-20 (West Bengal).
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, 8-A, Diamond Harbor Road Builtech inn, second floor, Thakurpukur, Kolkata – 700 063 (West Bengal).
- Varanaseya Sannskrit Vishwavidyala, Varanasi, UP / Jagatpuri Delhi.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh).
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh).
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh).
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura (Uttar Pradesh).
- Maharana Partap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh (Uttar Pradesh).
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institution Area, Khoda, Makanpur, Nodia Phase-2 (Uttar Pradesh).
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad Anupoorna Bhawan, Plot No. 242 Pani Tanki Road, Shakti Nagar, Rourkela – 769 014 (Odisha).
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, University Road Baripada, Distt. Mayurbhanj, Odisha – 757 003.
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, No. 186, Thilaspet, Vazhuthavoor Road, Punducheey – 605 009.
- Christ New Testament Deemed University, #32-23-2003, 7th lane, Kakunamanuvarithota Guntur, Andhra Pradesh – 522 002 or # fit No. 301, Grace Villa Apts, 7/5, Srinagar, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh – 522 002.
See the official released University Grants Commission (UGC) Public Notice: https://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfnews/3958086_Fake-Universities.pdf
List of Fake Universities till Nov. 2019
List of Fake Universities from August, 1944 to March 1995 and March, 1997 to November 2019 can be downloaded in PDF format from the official website of ugc.ac.in using the below links.
ALSO READ: Banned Chinese Apps List
UGC Notice for 24 Fake Universities
University Grants Commission has declared 24 Universities as fake in India and these 24 universities are not empowered to confer any degree. In UGC Fake University List, the 7 universities from Delhi, 8 Universities form Uttar Pradesh, one each from Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Odisha, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh and 2 universities each are from West Bengal and Odisha.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs):
What is UGC?
The University of Grants Commission (UGC) came into existence on 28th Dec. 1953 and become a statutory Organization of the Govt. of India by an Act of Parliament in 1956, for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of teaching, examination and research in university education.
What is the meaning of fake university?
A Higher Education Institution which has not been established as per UGC Act, 1956 and functioning in contravention of the UGC Act.
How does UGC declare an Institution as a fake University?
On complaint or self cognizance the UGC 1st issues show cause notice to the unrecognized institution to get the exact status then conforms from the state/Local authorities for physical investigation / verification about the existence and functioning of the institute. Based on the facts the matter is brought to the notice of the Commission for final approval to include the name of Unrecognized institution in the UGC fake University list
How to check the genuineness of degree?
First check the genuiness of the awardess institutions then match the degree with UGC notification.
Who will verify my degree?
For verification of degree, you may directly approach the University.
I have a degree from a foreign university. Who would give equivalency certificate?
Equivalency is decided by Association of India Universities (AIU), Kotla Marg, New Delhi.
For more information or updated list, please visit the official website at https://www.ugc.ac.in/page/Fake-Universities.aspx