Indian Airlines List 2024

Indian Airlines List with their ICAO code, Airline Code, Website and Customer Service Number, Also check Scheduled and Regional Indian Airlines List

Indian Airlines List: India has a booming market for the airline industry with a significant increase in the number of air passengers traveling for both leisure or business purposes. The growing traffic results in a healthy competition between various airlines with each of the airlines trying to improve its service, connectivity, punctuality, fares, and in-flight services as well to capture a bigger share of the market and termed as the best airlines.

The airlines in India are fueled by the fast growing business of the Civil Aviation in India. There are total 8 airlines in India. Indian Airlines List is given below.

Indian Airlines List

There are total 8 Airlines in India, List of all Indian Airlines and their details is given below.

  1. Air India
  2. Air India Express
  3. Air Asia India
  4. Indigo
  5. Go First
  6. Spice Jet
  7. Akasa Air
  8. Vistara

1.) Air India

Air India the national carrier of India has its headquarters in New Delhi.  The airline was founded by J. R. D. Tata as Tata Airlines in 1932. After the Second World War, it became a public limited company and was renamed Air India currently Air India Airlines is owned by Air India Limited, a government-owned enterprise.

Air India is currently the largest International carrier of India, having 18.6% of market share. The airline operates to 103 destinations with international flights to 45 cities in 31 countries and domestic flights to 58 cities.

Legal NameAir India Limited
Airline Code098
IATA DesignatorAI
RegionAsia Pacific
CityNew Delhi
AddressAirlines House 113 Gurudwara Rakabganj Road
Customer Service1860 233 1407
Indian Airlines List

2.) Air India Express

The airline is operated by Air India Express Limited (AIEL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of India’s national carrier Air India.

Air India Express operates around 649 flights per week to 33 destinations which include some major sectors of the Middle East and Southeast Asia. The airline carries around 4.3 million passengers every year. The airline has a fleet of 25 Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

  • Website -
  • Customer Service - 04440013001

3.) Air Asia India

Air Asia India is an Indian low-cost carrier and having its headquarters in Bangalore, India. The airline is started as a joint venture with Tata Sons and Air Asia Berhad. Tata Sons have an 87% stake in the airline and AirAsia Investment Limited (Malaysia) has the remaining 13% stake.

  • Website -
  • Customer Service - +91 80 4666 2222, +91 80 67662222

4.) Indigo

Indigo ranked 1 in the list of Best Airlines in India. This is an Indian low-cost airline headquartered in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. The airline was founded in 2006 as a private company by Rahul Bhatia of InterGlobe Enterprises and Rakesh Gangwal, a United States-based Indian. The airline took delivery of its 1st aircraft in July 2006 and started operations a month later in 2016. The airline became the largest Indian carrier as per the passenger market share in 2012. The airline went to Limited in November 2015 and issue shares to the public.

  • Website -
  • Customer Service - 0124 - 6173838, +91-9910383838

5.) Go Air

GoAir has operated a fleet of Airbus A320 aircraft configured as all economies. As of March 2020, GoAir serves a total of 38 destinations including 27 domestic and 11 international destinations with more than 325 flights daily. The airline has its hubs at Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, and Kannur.

  • Website -
  • Customer Service - 1860 210 0999

6.) Spice Jet

Spicejet ranked number three in the list of Best Airlines in India but has now slipped down to number four. This low-cost airline has its headquarters in Gurgaon, India.

  • Website -
  • Customer Service - 096540 03333

7.) Vistara

Air Vistara is a popular Indian airline located in New Delhi with the primary center of Delhi-Indira Gandhi International Airport. The company was founded in 2013 and started working on January 9, 2015. Club Vista looks for its frequency flyer program. Vistara Airlines is the 6th largest airline in domestic airlines.

Scheduled Indian Airlines List

Airlines NameIATAICAOCommencedHeadquartersType
Air IndiaAIAIC1946DelhiFull Service
AirAsia IndiaI5IAD2014BengaluruLow Cost
Air India ExpressIXAXB2005KochiLow Cost
GoAirG8GOW2005MumbaiLow Cost
IndiGo6EIGO2006GurgaonLow Cost
SpiceJetSGSEJ2005GurgaonLow Cost
VistaraUKVTI2015GurgaonFull Service
Scheduled Airlines in India (Indian Airlines List)

Regional Indian Airlines List

Airlines NameIATAICAOCommencedHeadquartersType
Alliance Air9IAIC1996DelhiRegional
Air Heritage4H 2019DehradunRegional
Star AirOGSDG2019BengaluruRegional
FlyBigS9 2021GurugramRegional
Regional Airlines in India (Indian Airlines List)

Also Check

Flights Approved by DGCA India List | DGCA International and Domestic Flights Schedule List 2022 PDF