SC List of Odisha State: The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes comprise about 16.6% and 8.6%, respectively, of total population of India (according to 2011 census). Scheduled Caste in India is commonly known as the Dalit & Harijan. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, was a Dalit, reformer, and chairman of the Constituent Assembly of India, and Dalit leader during the independence struggle, is a popular leader of Dalit Samaj.
As per 2011 census data, the scheduled caste population in Odisha state is 7,190,184 which 17.13 % of total population of this state. Here is the list of scheduled castes notified (after addition/deletion) as per the constitution (Scheduled Castes) order, 1950, as amended vide modification order 1956, Amendment Act, 1976 and the constitution (Scheduled Castes) order (Amendment) Act 2002 no. 25 dated 27/5/2002 of Ministry of Law, Justice and Company Affairs. SC List of Odisha is given below.
SC List of Odisha 2023- Scheduled Caste in Odisha
SC list of Odisha is given below in this table.
|2||Amant, Amat, Dandachhatra Majhi, Amata, Amath|
|9||Bauri, Buna Bauri, Dasia Bauri|
|18||Chamar, Mochi, Muchi, Satnami,Chamara, Chamar-Ravidas,Chamar-Rohidas|
|22||Dewar, Dhibara, Keuta, Kaibarta|
|24||Dhoba, Dhobi, Rajak, Rajaka|
|25||Dom, Dombo, Duria Dom, Adhuria Dom, Adhuria Domb|
|37||Haddi, Hadi, Hari|
|39||Jaggali, Jaggili, Jagli|
|40||Kandra, Kandara, Kadama,Kuduma,Kodma,Kodama|
|43||Kela, Sapua Kela, Nalua Kela, Sabakhia Kela, Matia Kela, Gaudia Kela|
|44||Khadala, Khadal, Khodal|
|53||Mala, Jhala, Malo, Zala, Malha, Jhola|
|66||Pan, Pano, Buna Pana, Desua Pana, Buna Pano|
|73||Patial, Patikar, Patratanti, Potua|
|76||Sabakhia , Sualgiri, Swalgiri|
|90||Mangali (in Koraput&Kalahandi dist.)|
|91||Mirgan (in Nowrangpur dist.)|
Also Check EBC Caste List in Bihar | Bihar Caste List PDF
SC Caste List in Odisha PDF
SC List of Odisha state pdf can be downloaded from below link.
Download pdf of Scheduled Tribe & Scheduled Caste List in Indian State Odisha PDF - Click Here
Indian Constitution Upliftment Articles for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
- Under Article 46 of the Indian Constitution, "The State shall promote with special care of the educational and economic interests of the weaker sections of the people, and, in particular, of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes, and shall protect them from social injustice and all forms of exploitation."
- Under Article 17 of the Indian Constitution abolishes the untouchability.
- Under Article 15(4) of the Indian Constitution refers to the special provisions for their advancement.
- Under Article 16(4A) of the Indian Constitution speaks of “reservation in matters of promotion to any class or classes of posts in the services under the State in favor of SCs/STs.
- Under Article 338 of the Indian Constitution provides for a National Commission for the Scheduled Castes with duties to investigate and monitor all matters relating to safeguard provided to them, to inquire into specific complaints and to participate and advise on the planning process of their socio-economic development etc.
- Under Article 330 and Article 332 of the Indian Constitution respectively provide for reservation of seats in favor of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes in the House of the People and in the legislative assemblies of the States.
- Under Part IX relating to the Panchayats and Part IXA of the Constitution relating to the Municipalities, reservation for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in local bodies has been envisaged and provided.
Also check: UP Caste List | Haryana Schedule Caste list | OBC Caste List of Center | National SC/ST Hub scheme List
2 thoughts on “SC List of Odisha 2023 | Scheduled Caste Surname List in Odisha”
Haaa Amara hei ni kebe heba jjj
Ha amar ra hei ni jj kebe heba jjj